Brighton High School Student Death : Authorities Investigate After Accident That Killed 16-year-old And Injured 2 others

 A tragic accident has claimed the life of 16-year-old Darian Locklear, a student at Brighton High School in Michigan, and injured two others. The incident occurred on Tuesday evening along I-96 in Wheatfield Township when the vehicle, traveling westbound, lost control, veered into the median, and struck a tree before overturning and hitting another tree. 

Despite wearing seatbelts, both Darian and her friend Julianna Ward Brown, a student at Howell High School, succumbed to their injuries at the scene.  ([State Police: 2 Teen Girls Killed In I-96 Rollover Crash - CBS Detroit Authorities have stated that alcohol does not appear to be a factor in the crash. The investigation is ongoing, and Michigan State Police are urging anyone with information to come forward.  ([

Two high school teens killed in I-96 rollover crash | FOX 2 Detroit](https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/two-high-school-teens-killed-in-i-96-rollover-crash?utm_source=chatgpt.com), [State Police: 2 Teen Girls Killed In I-96 Rollover Crash - CBS Detroit]

The Brighton High School community is mourning the loss of Darian, described by classmates as a sweet and joyful presence. Both Darian and Julianna were dedicated hockey players for the Meijer Hockey AAA division team, remembered by their coach as inseparable teammates who always wore smiles.  (

[Two high school teens killed in I-96 rollover crash | FOX 2 Detroit]In response to the tragedy, grief counselors have been made available at both schools to support students and staff. Additionally, memorial funds have been established in honor of the girls. 

The "Darian Locklear Hockey Scholarship Memorial Fund" aims to help aspiring young hockey players achieve their dreams, while donations to HAVEN of Oakland County will contribute to building a playground named after Darian, providing joy to children for years to come.  

([State Police: 2 Teen Girls Killed In I-96 Rollover Crash - CBS Detroit] This heartbreaking incident has left a profound impact on the community, highlighting the importance of road safety and the enduring bonds formed through shared passions and friendships.